What to Expect in Sunday Service
We gather in our 10:30 AM Sunday services to find meaning and live more deeply. (Adult Religious Education is also available before the service.) Coming together each week creates connections within, among, and beyond us, calling us to our better selves, calling us to live with wisdom and compassion.
Our typical Sunday morning worship service includes:
- Words of welcome
- Lighting a flaming chalice, the symbol of our faith
- A multigenerational segment, which we call “A Time for All Ages”
- Music, both instrumental and vocal and in a variety of styles
- A time for lifting up the joys and concerns of the congregation
- Readings—ancient or contemporary
- A sermon given by our minister Rev. Tracy Springberry, a guest speaker, or a member of the congregation
- An offering, collecting financial donations for the congregation or for justice work in the community.
From time to time, services incorporate holiday celebrations, multi-generational plays and pageants, longer musical performances, child dedications, and coming-of-age ceremonies. We offer childcare and learning programs for children and youth during the Sunday service.